In the spirit of reconciliation the CCF SA acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
The Civil Contractors Federation (SA) has engaged a Manager for Aboriginal Training and Employment.
Angela is an Aboriginal person with extensive networks in Aboriginal communities and experience in Aboriginal Training, Apprenticeships and Employment. Angela is a CCF SA resource available free to CCF SA Members to assist in the area of Aboriginal Training and Employment.
Angela’s primary duties are to:
- Market the Civil Contracting/Construction Industry to Aboriginal people as a career of choice.
- Source suitable Aboriginal people to work with CCF SA Member companies so that these companies meet their employment obligations when undertaking Government projects.
- Conduct or arrange Aboriginal cultural awareness training for CCF SA Member companies, as required (a fee will apply for this service).
- Be available as a support and mentor to Aboriginal people undertaking training with Civil Train and or in employment with CCF SA Member companies.
- Encourage Civil Contracting/Construction companies to employ Aboriginal people.
- Provide advice and assistance to CCF SA Member Companies on Aboriginal Training and Employment matters.
- Assist workplaces develop suitable polices and procedures
- Facilitate Cultural Awareness Training
- Assist with development of Reconciliation Action Plans (RAP)
If you would like to become a CCF SA Member to access these services